Whatstandwell Social Club is active social club which organises social events for the village. These events are usually self-funded – unless we have specific funding from elsewhere. We organise events such as the Whatstandwell Festival, which is held on the weekend closest to mid-summers day, horticultural show, open gardens, bonfire night and carol concert. Through our activities money is raised for charities and items which benefit the community.
Keep an eye on the notice board outside the Family Tree for the Social Club’s news and events.
We hope that this website will keep the people in Whatstandwell and the surrounding area up-to-date with local news and events, and will provide informative information on its heritage and history.
We are on Facebook and Twitter (see index bar at top of the page).
Our email is: email@example.com
- To organise social events based in the village or immediate surrounding area for the benefit and enjoyment of local people
- To raise money for charities and good causes
- To maintain a website, Facebook page and twitter account with news and information about local events and local people
- To encourage as many local people to attend and help out as possible by putting on events which are well attended and self funding or have specific funding from elsewhere
- To celebrate and mark events of national and/or local importance
- To target and tailor our events to specific sectors of the community e.g. children, families and senior citizens
- To enjoy ourselves in the process
Social Club Committee Meeting Dates 2018 / 19
Held at the Family Tree and around the Village starting at 7.30 and finished by 9.00, email us for details
- 14 November 2018
- 9 January 2019
- 10 April 2019 – AGM
- 22 May 2019
- 3 July 2019
- 7 August 2019
- 2 October 2019
- 13 November 2019